Through PPC Cement’s long-stranding relationship with the Owl House in Nieu Bethesda, the company is excited to announce another free cement workshop, open to any and all interested parties, which will be held from 16 to 18 August 2018 in the Nieu Bethesda Community Hall.
This offers a unique opportunity to either improve your existing skills as a cement sculptor, or to learn a completely new craft.
Anyone who is interested in attending the workshop is welcome to attend. There are no costs involved and all materials will be provided by PPC. This is an incredible opportunity to learn a new skill which could be very useful for entrepreneurs.
The workshop will focus on the following:
- Lectures on new technologies in cement and concrete and unusual things that people are making with cement around the world.
- Various mould-making techniques and how to mix, cast, demould and cure concrete.
- Demonstration on how to use plasticiser, accelerators, pigments and fibres with cement.
- An opportunity for attendees to mix concrete with various admixtures and to cast object of their choice.
Each attendee should bring the following to the workshop:
- Some form of clothing protection – an apron, black bag or old clothes to work in.
- Objects in which to cast concrete such as chocolate or ice-cube moulds, empty containers with interesting shapes (cold drink bottles, yoghurt tubs), salad bowls, old plastic toys, old plastic gloves – any plastic forms.
- Two small glass bottles (about 100ml each) for plasticizer and pigment which will be donated to experiment with afterwards.
Anyone interested in attending the workshop should contact Katrina Lottering at her home in Nieu-Bethesda or her craft stall opposite the Owl House. She can also be called on 071 441 8128 in order to book a spot. A maximum of 50 people can be accommodated, strictly on the basis of the order of registration. Activities commence each day at 09:00, with tea at 11:00 and lunch at 13:00. The workshop ends each day at 16:00.
Refreshments and light meals will also be provided.
This generous workshop on behalf of PPC is a wonderful opportunity to learn a new skill and should not be missed!